Sugar-Free Salted Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds, unsalted (sunflower seeds can also be substituted)
- 6 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. SweetLeaf® Liquid Stevia Chocolate Sweet Drops™
- 4 oz. sugar-free chocolate bar, chopped
- 8 oz. baking chocolate, unsweetened, chopped
- 8 oz. heavy cream
- 1-2 tsp. SweetLeaf® Liquid Stevia Chocolate Sweet Drops™
- 8 oz. fresh strawberries, sliced in half
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
Add all the crust ingredients to a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Spread and press the crust mixture into a tart pan as evenly as possible. Set aside.
To make filling, place the chocolate bar and baking chocolate into the food processor and process until fine. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
Pour heavy cream into a saucepan. Over medium-low, heat cream, but do not boil. You just want it steaming hot. Remove and pour over chocolate in bowl. Let rest 2-3 minutes. Stir mixture until chocolate is smooth. Stir in 1 tsp. SweetLeaf® Liquid Stevia Chocolate Sweet Drops™. Taste and add more, if needed, to reach your desired sweetness. Pour this chocolate mixture into the tart shell and spread to even it out.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. When ready to serve, sprinkle with coarse sea salt and top with fresh strawberries.
If you are making this ahead and the tart stays in the fridge overnight, allow plenty of time out on the counter, at least 3-4 hours before serving, otherwise it will be too hard to cut into pieces.
- Per serving: 1 slice
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 34.8g
- Saturated Fat: 19.8g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Dietary Fiber: 7.2g
- Carbs: 14.2g
- Sugars: 0.8g
- Protein: 6.4g
Recipe and photo courtesy Sugar-Free Mom.