Mini Chocolate Chunk Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Small pinch of salt
- 11 packets SweetLeaf® Organic Stevia
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla powder
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz. butter, unsalted, melted, or coconut oil
- Just over 1/2 cup milk (whole milk, almond milk, or rice milk)
Optional Dark Chocolate Icing
- 1 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 4 oz. milk chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 to 4 packets SweetLeaf® Organic Stevia, depending on your sweetness levels
- Splash of vanilla
- Drizzle of milk (whole milk, almond, or rice milk)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 24-cup mini muffin tin.
In a medium size bowl, sift the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add chocolate chips.
In a separate medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the eggs, SweetLeaf® Organic Stevia, and vanilla, then slowly pour in the melted butter or coconut oil. Once incorporated, slowly add the dry mixture. Don’t over mix. Divide into the lined tin cups, and bake for 12 minutes.
Remove from tin and cool almost completely. (Who doesn’t love a warm gooey cupcake?) Cool completely, if you plan on icing them.
Place milk chocolate chips in a large microwavable bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Heat with 10 second increments until completely melted and smooth. Do not over heat. Add cocoa powder, stevia and vanilla in the melted chocolate mixture, and drizzle in milk until desired consistency is reached! Drizzle slowly!
Recipe courtesy of Chef Vikki Krinsky.